Celebrating our Consensus Apprentices during National Apprenticeship Week 2022
At Consensus we are passionate about learning opportunities and career development for all our colleagues. This week is the 15th annual National Apprenticeship Week, and a perfect time to shine a light on the Consensus apprentices who are achieving so much with us and for us.
Since 2012 we have been providing hands-on experience and qualifications through our Apprenticeship Scheme to people of all ages and backgrounds, enabling them to take a first step into adult social care and then to progress within their career. Over those 10 years more than 1,100 Apprentices have taken the opportunity to train with us, with hundreds of them completing their Apprenticeships and gaining recognised qualifications alongside valuable hands-on work experience.
Build the future
The theme for National Apprenticeship Week 2022 is ‘build the future’; reflecting on how apprenticeships can help individuals to develop the skills and knowledge required for a rewarding career, and businesses to develop a talented workforce that is equipped with future-ready skills.
At Consensus, our apprentices have come from all walks of life – not only school or college leavers, but also parents wanting to return to the workplace, or people looking for a change of career or career progression. We don’t look for a particular type of person or specific experience. What matters is a positive attitude and eagerness for learning. With around 17 different types of apprenticeships, opportunities are available across the organisation in Care and Support, Team Leadership, Service Management or Head Office Functions such as HR, Administration, Marketing and Finance.
Just like 26-year-old Bethany who is in her fourth month with Consensus, taking part in the Business Administration (Level 3) Apprenticeship Programme, and one of more than 250 colleagues currently in the Apprenticeship Scheme. Bethany says,
“I am thoroughly enjoying my time as an apprentice at Consensus. The training and overall mixture of creative and organisational work is exciting, and I love the fact that no two days are the same.
“Since starting, I’ve already been given the freedom to research and run my own projects which is fantastic! There’s always something new to do or learn and I feel supported by my colleagues to take on new ventures. I have already been considering how I can move up and progress after I finish my apprenticeship.”
An amazing commitment
Our dedication to enabling people to stay, develop and grow with us was independently confirmed last December, with an ‘Employer of the Month’ award presented by Qube Learning. This national recruitment and training solutions provider delivers a range of training to individuals and teams via apprenticeships, traineeships, short courses, and eLearning. The nomination recognised that: “Consensus Support has shown an amazing commitment to apprenticeships… Service Managers have been enthusiastic and supportive in getting these students put forward, and also accommodating in booking short-notice enrolments to ensure no staff member who is eligible misses out on the incentive.”
What are the benefits of an Apprenticeship role at Consensus?
- Apprenticeships are structured training programmes which give you a chance to work towards a qualification
- You will gain the skills, knowledge and experience needed to succeed in the sector
- Hands-on training gives you a real chance to put your skills into practice and helps you to gain more confidence in the working environment
- Getting into employment earlier means there’s lots of potential for you to progress in your career quickly
- You will be paid above the average Government recommended Apprenticeship wage rate.
- You’ll be paid a salary by Consensus and we pay for your qualification… furthermore, you will be paid the same wage rate as any other new employees going into that role and for that location.
Find out more
Consensus welcomes recruitment applications from anyone wishing to join us on an Apprenticeship Scheme, whatever their age, background or experience. To find out about how Consensus supports apprentices and helps them ‘build the future’:
- Please visit www.consensussupport.com/apprenticeships/
- Email our Recruitment team on email@example.com or phone them on 01206 417573
More about National Apprenticeship Week 2022, from 7 February to 13 February, at:
- Twitter @Apprenticeships #NAW2022 #BuildTheFuture
- LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/apprenticeshipsgov
- Instagram @fireitupapps